Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Undaunted Bravehearts

All of us have some good and bad experiences in life. This piece of writing is dedicated to one such incident. 



I want you to take me to the beach
Walk with me hand in hand
Look into my eyes 
Come closer to me so that I can feel your breath
Put your hands on my waist and look at me 
The emotions I can feel is beyond all happiness 
Nothing can match the warmth of true love
The tears are pouring down my eyes
Coz I have waited for this day for so long
Don’t wipe them off, let them come out
And why are your eyes so moist 
I know how deeply you feel for me 
We don’t need words to express our feeling 


I consider myself lucky
for I have you
Who can bear my mood swings
Cater to my tantrums
Understand my emotions 
Laugh on my stupid jokes 
Make silent sacrifices 
And always treat me so special 

Sometimes the inquisitive me searches for an answer
What is so special about me?
What have I done to deserve your limitless love

I know what you have to say
“ It is not the person who is special, it is the bond
Bonding tells how comfortable one is
expressing his naked side
Can he cry before you 
Laugh with you
Talk endlessly 
Miss you badly
Connect to your soul"


All this makes love to be the purest feeling
Which is unconditional 
Doesn’t demand sacrifices 
But Believes in making one


I still find it difficult to believe 
For I have only seen love to be selfish 
If you can’t get it
Snatch it
And if it can’t be snatched than destroy it 

I remember I was 17 when someone threw an acid on my face 
Just because he could not digest a rejection 
His inflated ego decided to carve my destiny
By stamping me with marks of burns
Those burns were to be a testimony of his vengeance
And marks of my dejected life
I wished to have been killed than victimised for life

A young blossoming flower was inflicted with bugs
Bugs which tried to rot the flower
Special thanks to the society
Where the accused gets acceptance and victim is stigmatised
The stigma is on her face now
So much so that the family becomes indifferent 
Friends become strangers
And strangers become spectators

You dare not go out in the streets 
Some will tarnish your character and justify your state
Call you temptress or seductress 
Others will  pity you 
Few will gossip and have their entertainment 
And some shall treat you to be a bad omen for their children

Sometimes it feels weird as if the sole proof of my existence was my face
Now that it is disfigured 
Does my identity needs to be treated in the same way
I guess not

Many who think that women are weak they are not
Within them lies the power to nurture, create and transform
Power to bear extreme emotional stress and pain
Power to fight the toughest times without making any noises 
An attack is an incident in life 
Not a final decree deciding my fate
I might have to go through lot of physical pain and emotional stress
But I will take over the rein and lead my way

It is time to tell the those chauvinist minds 
That you stamping my face will not lead to breaking my spirits
With I confronting the odds shall carve my own identity
And remove the stigma of Acid burns 

And yes I won’t stop dreaming 
I know one day I shall find my true love
Walk with him hand in hand
Look into his eyes 
And as he embraces me
I shall cry out
And ask him
Why did you made me wait for so long ? 


Dedicated to all those women who have undergone lot of physical and mental challenges and came over it. Their stories should not treated as stories of victims but as stories of true heroism.Laxmi Agarwal is one such example,she was attacked at the age of 15. Today she is a brand Ambassador of Viva & Diva , a campaigner who played a crucial role in making Supreme Court & Parliament pass regulations on sale of acid and welfare of victims. She also found her love and is blessed with a daughter. 

13 comments:

  1. really nice and heart touching..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words are so real :) portraits the exacts picture of the pain and courage of the acid attack victim!!
    Good work sir! Hope to see more piece of art like this in future
    Good luck !💐👍😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words are so real :) portraits the exacts picture of the pain and courage of the acid attack victim!!
    Good work sir! Hope to see more piece of art like this in future
    Good luck !💐👍😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. India needs empathetic bureaucrats like you. Nicely written. A note direct to the soul
    Good 😊 luck sir

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice one .. pain can be felt ...also write similar kind of for LGBTQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Impressive.....
    Heart Touching.....
    Nice lines Chandramohan....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its really heart touching sir, we can feel the pain through your words

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice.... I'm reading this today on Women's day and this made me think deep... about women, about love and about society.. Thanks for writing such a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really soul stirring sir !!
    True love is indeed hard to find because everytime it accompanies possessiveness and unsatiated lust. For those who find it are really superblessed.
    But your writing is inspiration for all
    Women who are trying to make a mark amidst taboos of society.Sometimes they crumble with teary eyes but their silent sobbings and prayers are answered by such writings.Thanks for sharing sir.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete